Wood

It's been a trip and a half with this wood delivery! After a major miscommunication and a few tears later we finally have it delivered to Massey all in one piece. Last friday I stayed back to wait for the delivery of it in the afternoon and instead had to speak to three different people to figure out what was going on. They had called me and tried to deliver it on Thursday afternoon but I was off campus having lunch (oop) but the driver didnt have a trolley to get it off the truck and was expecting some people to be around to get it off. I had to explain that I wasn't there and also wouldn't be capable to help cause its 130kg?! And so he offered to go back and get the trolley from the depot and would come back later that day. I agreed to that plan and was prepared to wait. Waited another 4 hours with no return or response. Called the next day to see if they were able to give me an ETA so that I could be there this time and instead was told they are having to go back to their head offices to check if what I supposedly wanted them to do was doable. The driver had told his manager that i had requested the crate be dismantled and everything carried up stairs. Came off the phone feeling pretty confused, then I got another phone call this time from the manager that the delivery wouldn't happen till monday morning because of the back and forward conversations between them and auckland and also the kitchen joiners whom had fabricated the boards and sent them too me. He also told me that they had already taken the crate apart to prepare for the next delivery and that I think was probably the most traumatic part of the whole debacle. Long story long basically, is that it was a very anxious time for me waiting for this order and it certainly taught me to be prepared for any situation. It has arrived safely into my studio as a whole put together crate thank goodness. 






Comments